Saturday, February 16, 2013

Short lashes? Don't worry, the solution is here :)


I wrote this post in Turkish a year ago (here is the original post). I decided to re-write it in English when I noticed on stats that it is still the most popular post. It is just translation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until 3 weeks ago, I was spending a lot on designer mascaras and placing trans-Atlantic false lash orders from Amazon/Ebay (I was living outside US then) in order to make my short and straight lashes look a little bit longer.

During my online lash extension medication search, I came across to some products: There were prescription medication like Latisse as well as extra expensive online cosmetic products such as Revitalash, Idollash, etc. I reviewed the consumer comments and learned that:
* Revitalash doesn't work at all.
* Idollash is really good but it has lots of counterfeit, and it is really difficult to find the authentic product.
* Latisse works but it is both too expensive and getting it prescribed every single time is very annoying and pricey. Also, one container lasts only for a very limited time.
I already couldn't find them at the time.

Then I started looking for the common active ingredient, in all the products that work, which was "Latanoprost". It originally is used to cure Glaucoma (high eye pressure) but, by chance, they discovered that it lengthens and strengthens weak lashes, even grows lash on a bald region.

I immediately asked my doctor friend if it would really work and if it is safe. She said "Buy it immediately if you can find it!".

The most common version is "Xalatan". It costs around $30 for a 2.5 ml bottle. 
A bottle should be good for 2-3 months.

First I used a clear mascara brush to apply 1-2 drops of  Xalatan on both my eyelashes. Then purchased a Body Shop clear mascara, emptied half of the bottle and poured the medicine in it, since this was more practical. My lashes are 50% more stronger and longer in after 2 weeks of use.

You must be very careful:
* Don't let it touch your eye like all other cosmetic products. Just, be more careful with this because it is a medicine after all and it hurts a lot even with a little touch.
* Never apply it on your lower lashes, since they will get extremely long. I saw some Google images and they freaked me out. :/

For the continuous success, you need to use it regularly. Because it just modifies the existing lash. The lifetime of a lash is around 6-8 weeks, when it falls the effect will be gone too if you don't continue using it.

In case you cannot find Xalatan in Turkey, there is an alternative: Glokoprost. The price is around 20-25 TL (according to web search). Concentration is same, so must be the effects.
Xalatan is widely available in USA, however with prescription. Price is around $35 per bottle. Generic Latanoprost treatment is a bit cheaper, around $30.

If you use it, let me know of your experience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment